Your attention please! This is a post NOT about the CP Exam!! Yes, that is correct – you are welcome. Here is a list of things I did in September, that had NOTHING to do with testing…
- No-Spentember! That is right! We tried to not spend money on any unnecessary, unessential things. This included eating out, going to the movies, buying costumes, etc.
- Planned crafts/projects for October.
- Started using the UP band/app by Jawbone.
- Helped at an IORG event.
- Started dedicating time each evening to have personal conversations with my big boy.
- Dreamed about Starbucks’ espresso frappuccino. And I bought a few. And I am aware that I was supposed to not spend money… I did my best. That is all.
- Debated on how soon after I pass the CP exam I want to start the ACP exam. Okay, so this was about testing, but not exactly about the CP exam I took.
Now I bet you are wondering how successful we were with our No-Spentember (no spend September). We did aight. Money for us does not grow on trees, it surely is not hiding in our mattresses, nor is it carried over in our bank accounts from one month to the next. How do we manage? Grace, patience, and optimism. Oh yeah, and sales, coupons, smart shopping choices, etc. For the most part, we were able to keep our spending to all time minimums. I had Starbucks
ten a few times, we ate out twice, I purchased items for my blogger swap, and the husband purchased alcohol once for a dinner party we hosted. All birthday presents, school supplies, and household necessities were purchased in August or we went without – i.e. when we ran out of paper plates at said dinner party. We did not have an absolute no-spend month like we tried, but we came close. It definitely made us think twice about making purchases, or not. I know that we will try again – I just have not decided which month to do next. Maybe January…